Thursday, April 22, 2010

FF: Mount Kimbie



(***Posting right on time for once!~!)
So recently I came across Mount Kimbie's remix of Foals on Funkism and I did what I usually do, that's search everything and anything else by an artist that catches my ear, and in this case I found a real gem. Mount Kimbie is such a silky ambient, almost dub step or trip hop in some of their remixes, artist that I've really come to love. Even some of my most musically inclined friends haven't heard of them yet, which makes me kind proud to be posting this now. With their mixes of Foals, XX & The Big Pink in full circulation these guys are bound to gain more critical acclaim soon enough. Similar to the likes of Flying Lotus, & Joy Orbison if you had to compare them to anyone big right now, but none the less they're showing a style all their own.

Mount Kimbie - Maybe <3333
Mount Kimbie - 50 Mile View <3333
Mount Kimbie - William <3333 *love the sounds of the skateboards
Mount Kimbie - Bave's Chords <333
Mount Kimbie - Sketch on Glass <333
Mount Kimbie - Taps <33
Mount Kimbie - Vertical<33
Mount Kimbie - Maybe (James Blake Remix) <3
Mount Kimbie - Serged (FaltyDL Remix) <3

The Big Pink - Velvet (Mount Kimbie Remix) <3333333333
XX - Basic Space (Mount Kimbie Remix) <3333
Foals - Spanish Sahara (Mount Kimbie Remix) <3333

Oh and while looking up Glasser I stumbled across this mixtape:
Summer Sounds <333333 *so chillwave summer time
features: Cloud Nothings, Memoryhouse, Glasser, Night Control & more!

No comments:

Post a Comment